- INEX assumes the Board member has obtained necessary authorisation from their employer to participate fully in the Board. The Board member’s participation is as an individual and not as a representative of their employer (as per the MOU and Articles of Association).
All INEX Board members are company directors of INEX under Irish company law.
Current Board Directors:
- Annemette Broch (Westnet)
- David Burke (HEAnet)
- Des Chambers (Lightnet)
- Ed Diggin (Real Broadband) – Treasurer
- Rob Evans (Jisc on behalf of GEANT) – Secretary
- Shane Hartigan (Integrated Media Solutions) – Chairperson
- Tom Strickx (Cloudflare) – Vice Chairperson
- Jerry Sweeney (CloudCIX)
- Annemette Broch
- I am an employee at Westnet Broadband Mayo Limited where I hold the position of Risk & Compliance Manager. Westnet is a member of INEX and uses Island Bridge Networks for outsourced technical support.
- David Burke
- I am an employee of HEAnet CLG, Ireland’s National Education and Research Network. HEAnet, which is an INEX member, provides internet connectivity and associated ICT shared services across all levels of the Irish education system.
- Des Chambers
- I am a Director and significant shareholder of Lighthouse Networks Ltd T/A Lightnet. Lightnet is an Internet Service Provider and member company of INEX. Lightnet purchases services and products from other companies that are also suppliers to and members of INEX. I am a significant shareholder and a Director of a number of other companies focused on the healthcare and energy sectors, these have no dealings with INEX or its suppliers. I am also a lecturer in Computer Science at the National University of Ireland in Galway.
- Ed Diggin
- I am an Owner/Director of Real Broadband Limited. We have business relationships with other operators who are also members of INEX
- Rob Evans
- I am an employee of Jisc which is the National Research and Education network in the UK. Jisc is a member of GEANT and I hold an advisory role in that organisation, which is an INEX member. I am co-chair of RIPE’s “NCC Services” Working Group. I am one of three “trusted contacts” for reporting of violations of RIPE Meeting Code of Conduct and currently serving on the RIPE Nominating Committee for the selection of the RIPE Chair and RIPE Vice-Chair.
- Shane Hartigan
- I am the Chief Executive Officer, director and significant shareholder of the following companies. 1. Ajisko Ltd trading as Integrated Media Solutions; 2. Integrated Media Solutions UK Ltd; 3. On-VoIP Providers; 4. Interpoint Technologies Ltd; 5. xPresnet Ltd; All of these companies are engaged in the provision of managed technology services to the Hospitality and Education sector. These companies purchase and provide limited wholesale VoIP and broadband services to third party internet service providers. They procure from several wholesale layer2 and layer3 providers in Ireland & UK, some of which are also suppliers to and members of INEX. We are also Zoom Resellers.
- Tom Strickx
- I am an employee at Cloudflare where I am a Network Software Engineer. Cloudflare is present at multiple Internet Exchange points, and as such is active in these communities. Two other employees hold board positions at other exchanges, namely LONAP and France-IX. Cloudflare provides services to, and uses services from, multiple INEX members.
- Jerry Sweeney
- I am the Managing Director of CloudCIX Limited, which is a data centre based in Cork. CloudCIX is a member of INEX. We sell to and buy services from a number of INEX members. We host INEX Cork and are also members of LINX.
- Colin Dalton
- Managing Director of Colin Dalton Consultancy Ltd, a company registered in Ireland