[ixpmanager] Subject: IXP Manager firewall access requirement

Faizan Barmare faizan1 at outlook.com
Fri Aug 4 20:27:37 IST 2023

Subscribe to mailing list.

Please check below email.

________________________________
From: Faizan Barmare <faizan1 at outlook.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 3, 2023 7:05 PM
To: ixpmanager at inex.ie <ixpmanager at inex.ie>
Subject: Subject: IXP Manager firewall access requirement

Dear IXPManager Team,

We are writing to seek your assistance regarding the proper functioning of IXP Manager within our test environment. Currently, our IXP Manager installation is behind a firewall, and we are encountering some issues related to certain functionalities.

we would like to inquire about the specific URLs (on WAN) that require access through the firewall. Here are some examples of the services we are aware of:

    IRRDB       Source: whois.radb.net          Port: 43
    DNS             Source: PublicDNS           Port: 53
    SMTP        Source: smtp.office365.com      Port: 587
    Peeringdb.com

We kindly request you to inform us of any additional URLs and corresponding ports that should be allowed through our firewall for IXP Manager to function optimally.

Furthermore, we have noticed that the ASN info lookup and IP Info lookup features in IXP Manager are currently are getting blocked.  Please provide us with any necessary information, guidance, to open firewall .

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and we look forward to your prompt response.

Thank you and best regards,
Faizan Barmare