[ixpmanager] IRRDB error handling

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sun Mar 14 22:24:10 GMT 2021

Pete Ashdown wrote on 14/03/2021 22:12:
> Is there a single update script available for v5.x? Especially if we
> used the single installation script as suggested?

nope, unfortunately not.  There were manual steps which needed to be
handled at various .dot release points, so it wasn't possible to
automate this fully.  If I understand it correctly, this should be much
better in the up-coming version of IXP Manager, which has migrated away
from doctrine to eloquent for the ORM layer.

This means that for 5.x, you need to go through each of 5.1 -> 5.2 ->
5.3 -> etc in turn.

There are situations where you could skip individual dot versions, but
we don't recommend it.  It's safer to go through the lot.