[ixpmanager] Filtered because Transit Free ASN

Ian Chilton ian at lonap.net
Tue Jun 29 19:57:08 IST 2021

Hi,

It's a safety net. Generally Tier 1 networks do not connect to an IX or
peer with route servers, so if a route is seen with a tier 1 in the
path, it's been accidentally leaked.

However, occasionally they do - we had this in the past with 6461.

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/commit/7cd28f8a331ddee38c1e568056121b481890ddc2

If the network you are having problems with peers at a lot of IXPs, then
there may be a case to remove it from the list. If not, then you can
always override the list in your install.

Ian