[ixpmanager] Filtered because Transit Free ASN

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Tue Jun 29 20:58:54 IST 2021

Salvador Bertenbreiter wrote on 29/06/2021 19:30:
> I hope you're doing well and having good health. Recently we have added
> a Carrier into our IX and it looks like some prefixes advertisement by
> them are being rejected by the Route Server. I'm curious why it's a bad
> idea to allow those prefixes?

Hi Salvador

the filters are in IXP Manager because it's almost always wrong for a
route server to permit prefixes using an ASN associated with one of the
"tier 1" providers.  Leaks are common and IXP Manager aims to deal with
the majority of those leaks in a sensible way.

But "almost always" is not the same as "always".  If it's the right
thing to do then you should remove the ASN from the static list in this
file: