[ixpmanager] Filtered because Transit Free ASN

Jonathan Stewart jonathan.stewart at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 19:38:09 IST 2021

Hi Salvador,

The suggestion is that a tier-1 (transit free ASN) originates this route,
let's call them ISP A.

You're seeing this route via ISP B, suggesting that ISP B is providing
transit to ISP A.

Since ISP A is a tier-1, it would not purchase transit from any other ASN
to reach your IX.

This is therefore a safety check--if you see a Tier-1 route coming from an
intermediate ISP, something funny is happening (possible route hijack, more
likely unintentional misconfiguration) and you should not accept that route.

Hope my understanding is right and I'm not spreading misinformation. ;-)

Jonathan