[ixpmanager] [ixpmanager-announce] Different input and output values for the MRTG graph

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Mon Jan 25 12:50:30 GMT 2021

Steinar Østbye wrote on 25/01/2021 12:07:
> I have problem with some of my MRTG graphs showing small differences in
> input and output bits. Can this be linked to what the switch port is set
> to (eg. core, peering etc.)? Some of the ports used  internally are set
> to 'core' and 'management' and customer ports are set to 'peering'.

uh oops, accidentally approved this for ixpmanager-announce <red face>

You're right that input and output bits should match more-or-less
exactly.  If they're out by more than ~0.5%, then that would indicate a
configuration problem and you'd need to do a port configuration review.

The code selects all interfaces of type: Peering and Unset / Unknown.
So you need to run down through all your network interfaces and ensure
that there are no ports set incorrectly.  The code can't do this
automatically, as it involves a value judgement on the part of the IXP
operator.