[ixpmanager] Looking Glass Server Error :: content is not defined.

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Oct 14 11:57:44 IST 2020

Jose Gonzalez wrote on 13/10/2020 16:16:
> Dear support,
>
> I sent you this report, because I was unable to get information from the
> looking glass functionality. This is what I have done so far:
> - Installed the birdv2 server according to
> https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=bird-1.html#ss1.2
> - Installed birseyev1.2.2 according to https://github.com/inex/birdseye
> After that, when we select the looking glass option from the ixpmanager,
> always shown the error message 500 | Server Error :: content is not defined.
> I collected all the info required by the debugging item, but everything
> responded as the document said.
> Hopefully you can help me with this issue.

Hi Jose,

You should start out by checking the following things:

1. lighttpd should be running on all of the route servers

2. you should have DNS configured to point
rs1-pit-ipv4-lan10.pitperu.net and rs2-pit-ipv4-lan10.pitperu.net to the
management IP addresses of the route servers

3. You should get json output if you browse the RS web server at:
http://rs1-pit-ipv4-lan10.pitperu.net/api

4. you should set the "API Endpoint" field in the Router section in IXP
Manager to be "http://rs1-pit-ipv4-lan10.pitperu.net/api" and
"http://rs2-pit-ipv4-lan10.pitperu.net/api"