[ixpmanager] IPV4 and IPV6 in one bird2 instance

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Thu Oct 1 12:21:05 IST 2020

Mikrotik Router wrote on 01/10/2020 11:34:
> Please i need general pointers on how to implement ipv4 and ipv6 BGP
> services on one instance of a bird2 route server.
>
> My route server is running on an ubuntu server and ''sudo apt install
> bird2" just installs an instance of bird unlike with bird1.6.8 where two
> bird instances are install for ipv4 and ipv6 protocols.

You would have to redesign the bird2 template in order to do this.

Probably you want to run separate daemons anyway.  It will integrate
better with Birdseye, it scales better, it's more resilient, etc.

On Ubuntu you need to block the default bird2 configuration from running
and use systemd or manual scripts to implement multiple daemons.