[ixpmanager] how to move a customer to a different switch?

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Tue May 12 23:33:18 IST 2020

Marco d'Itri wrote on 12/05/2020 21:45:
> This is a bit inconvenient because if I just change the port location in
> advance then the customer's traffic graphs will not be updated anymore
> until they will actually move.
> But I need to define the new port in advance to be able to generate its
> configuration from API data (but that this does not work anyway...).

well, what we actually do is a little more involved.  If a member is
moving ports, we create a temporary, new virtual interface for them,
tied to the new port.  The characteristics are set as desired (xconnect
state, quarantine, etc).  This can be used to build the interface
configuration.

When we do the actual physical port move, we delete the temporary
virtual interface, then swap out the physical interface as described before.

Handling this transactionally is troublesome from a programming point of
view, because it involves a lot of state management and configuration
history.