[ixpmanager] Weathermap in IXP Manager

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Thu Jul 9 13:57:51 IST 2020

Hi Salvador,

This depends on the IXP Manager Core Bundles feature, i.e. using IXP
Manager to handle the internal core links in the ixp network.  There are
a couple of minor issues with it, but we're expecting to formally
release the code soon.

The weathermap bit is an extra add-on we wrote for internal use.  We're
not going to release these scripts as part of the IXP Manager core, but
will probably release them as a separate component in a different GH
repo for (unsupported) ideas about what you can do to extend IXP Manager
if you wish.

Incidentally we did a large network reconfiguration job last night and
used this as one of the sanity-checking tools to make sure the network
reconfig was proceeding correctly.  The scripts we wrote allowed us to
rebuild the weathermap every time we made a config change, and because
the data about the switch interconnections was pulled straight from ixp
manager via API, we could get an accurate view of what was happening in
near real-time.

Nick