[ixpmanager] IXP Manager Milestone - 130 IXPs Using the Platform

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Aug 25 12:41:09 IST 2020

Hi all,

we've just announced a major milestone for the IXP Manager project that
we'd like to share with you:

* https://twitter.com/ixpmanager/status/1298211638064054274

* https://www.ixpmanager.org/about/news/powering-peering-at-130-ixps

* https://www.ixpmanager.org/images/powering-100-ixps.jpg

Please feel free to amplify this news amongst your colleagues and IXP
membership. We think that 130 IXPs using the platform is a real vote of
confidence and supports each of your individual decisions to use it to
help manage your own IXPs.

As you might remember, in June we launched a new website which in part
was to celebrate IXP Manager's approaching milestone of 100 users.

If you haven't seen it, it's at https://www.ixpmanager.org/

This new site now also includes functionality to gather statistics on
IXP Manager users from various sources including IX-F member exports and
PeeringDB. As we worked on these features, we also undertook a much more
deliberate effort to identify additional IXPs using the platform. This
review revealed more than 30 additional IXPs shooting us well past the
100 users mark.

You can find some detailed statistics which are updated nightly at:

https://www.ixpmanager.org/community/statistics

Thanks to all of you, IXP Manager users, friends and supporters, for
helping make this possible!

On behalf of a very proud team [1],

  - Barry

[1] https://www.ixpmanager.org/about/team