[ixpmanager] Discovered MAC Addresses Issue

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Thu Jan 10 13:33:05 GMT 2019

Ahmed Al-Saruri wrote on 08/01/2019 16:50:
> Thank you for assistance.
>
> 1- I will get in contact with Huawei support to provide me  information
> on how to query their MAC address.

great.

> 2-  Regarding the Configured addresses, I have added the MAC addresses
> manually to the IXP Manager and configured the "ixpmanager.conf"  file
> as you suggested.
>
> The sflow is not working with Configured addresses and still working
> with the Discovered addresses.
>
> I have restarted the  sflow-to-rrd-handler.service and still same issue
> (sflow is not using Configured addresses).
>
> Could you please suggest if any further changes are required?
>
> 3- Does the new release (IXP Manager v4.9.0.) support sflow with
> Configured addresses or any other enhancements?

Yes.  Can you upgrade to v4.9.1.  The procedure is the same as upgrading
to 4.9.0 - pls see the release notes for this, because there are one or
two complications:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v4.9.0
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v4.9.1

Once this is done, can you log into the web interface, then manually
load up the following URLs:

https://www.my.url/ixp/api/v4/sflow-db-mapper/configured-macs
https://www.my.url/ixp/api/v4/sflow-db-mapper/learned-macs

You should see a list of MAC addresses in the /configured-macs API endpoint.

This is to check that the MAC addresses are configured correctly, and
that the API is working.