[ixpmanager] adding a switch

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Jan 2 15:38:46 GMT 2019

Hi Rwakagabo,

this has come up a few times in the past:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Could+not+interpret+switch+system+description+string+site%3Ainex.ie

As the hyperlink in the message suggests, switch discovery is via a
third party tool. Please follow it and use their procedures for getting
it added to OSS_SNMP.

In the mean time, add the switch manually. Once it is added manually,
viewing/editing the ports via SNMP should populate the switch ports.

  - Barry