[ixpmanager] [RELEASE] V4.9.0 - Zend's dead, baby

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Jan 7 21:40:45 GMT 2019

[copy of email just sent to -announce, apologies for cross posting]

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the release of IXP Manager v4.9.0.

IXP Manager v4.9.0 is a milestone release for INEX and the IXP Manager
project: it represents the completion of a ~2 year project to remove the
end-of-life and end-of-support Zend Framework v1 which has been replaced
by Laravel - a modern and hugely popular PHP web application framework.

Support Lifetime for v4: It is our intention to provide bug fix and
security support for IXP Manager v4.9 in line with Laravel's published
support policy for Laravel v5.5. Note that IXP Manager v4.9 runs on
Laravel 5.5. This means bug fix support to August 2019 and security
support to August 2020.

This is a large release and there are a number of user actions required
to complete the upgrade from v4.8.x to 4.9.0 successfully - please get a
☕️ (or a 🍺 ) and read through these and perform all the required tasks:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v4.9.0

Overall summary:

$ git --no-pager diff --shortstat --no-merges  v4.8.0 v4.9.0

Thanks,
  - Barry, Yann and Nick

INEX