[ixpmanager] How is consistency maintained between the information in IXP manager and the switch configurations?

Haider Ali haiderrana45 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 16:46:50 IST 2019

Dear Nick,
                 I have seen your presentation along with the video. I also
have seen this below link:
https://github.com/inex/ixp-manager-provisioning

So, I need AristaOS or Cumulus to use above repository for automation. If I
am not wrong, then INEX is not currently providing support on the switch
automation. So, currently, INEX is providing an IXP manager which needs
operator to configure switch manually and put information on portal
manually too. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Also, If I will use the same things as INEX is using, will I be able to
configure switch directly through IXP manager admin portal?
The above link says that NAPALM and SaltStack should be learnt first. But,
after learning or become fluent with them, how will we link the whole thing
together and how will everything be connected to IXP manager database and
GUI of IXP manager? I have gathered the high level view of how is the
automation of switch designed? But if we want to deploy automation to our
switch then is there any support or scripts or documentation that could
help us ? So, summarizing, Are there any scripts or documentation to get
done with this automation so that we can configure the switch through GUI
of IXP manager and maintain consistency?

Sincerely,
Haider Ali