[ixpmanager] AS112

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue Feb 27 04:34:13 GMT 2018

Hi Diarmuid,

server.example.net -> primary-auth-ns.uixp.co.ug
(with left-most part your real hostname)

admin.example.net -> diarmuid.obriain.com
(DNS admin's email with '@' -> .
[and any . before that masked with \])

the interesting parts of my BIRD config for AS112
 (not yet on the IXP LAN)

router id 196.49.5.19;
listen bgp address 196.49.5.19;

filter allow_as112_prefix {
        if net = 192.175.48.0/24 then accept;
        if net = 192.31.196.0/24 then accept;
        else reject;
}

protocol kernel {
        persist;           # Don't remove routes on bird shutdown
        scan time 20;      # Scan kernel routing table every 20 seconds
        import none;       # Default is import all
}
protocol device {
        scan time 10;           # Scan interfaces every 10 seconds
}
protocol static {
        route 192.175.48.0/24 blackhole;
        route 192.31.196.0/24 blackhole;
}
protocol bgp {
        description "AS112";
        local as 112;
        neighbor 196.49.5.17 as 327844;
        source address 196.49.5.19;
        export filter allow_as112_prefix;
}

Probably a bad example as it's not on the peering LAN and you probably
want a template and many 'protocol' (neighbors)

I think it's all unrelated to IXPManager, and maybe within the
IXPManager standard setup there are better ways (scaling AS112?).

Frank