[ixpmanager] Reseller support

Andreas Polyrakis apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
Sun May 28 08:54:27 IST 2017

Hello,

Currently (or at least, on version V4.3.0 that we run), a member can be
declared as a "resold member", and in this case it is associated with a
specific reseller. Ports of this member can be associated with a fanout
port, or not [I assume the latter is there to support the case where a
reseller connects a resold customer that consumes the entire capacity of
a port -- in this case no fanout is necessary]

Please consider the following scenarios:
- A (normal) member has also presence on another location, which can be
connected through a reseller. Hence this member connects through normal
IX ports and resold ports (with our w/out fanout) at the same time.
- A remote member has presence in two different locations, and in each
location a different reseller is present. Hence, the member needs to be
associated with two different resellers
- Combination of the two previous cases, where a member has some direct
IX connections and ports from at least two different resellers.

I understand that the above are not covered by the existing model. Is
this on the roadmap? If not, do you see a need to support this model?

Regards,

Andreas Polyrakis - apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
GRNET NOC Technical Manager
Greek Research & Technology Network - http://www.grnet.gr
7, Kifisias Av., 11523 Athens, Greece
Mobile: +30 6972832445    Office: +30 2107474249   Fax: +30 2107474490

Andreas Polyrakis - apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
GRNET NOC Technical Manager
Greek Research & Technology Network - http://www.grnet.gr
7, Kifisias Av., Ampelokipi, 11523 Athens, Greece
Mobile: +30 6972832445    Office: +30 2107474249   Fax: +30 2107474490