[ixpmanager] Did someone say version 4 is officially released? Yes they did!

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu May 25 21:20:57 IST 2017

It is with great pleasure that we announce the official release v4 of
IXP Manager (officially v.4.5.0).

Please see the official release notice with links at:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v4.5.0

INEX has been running v4 in production for over 12 months now. We have
also tested the upgrade process with thanks to SwissIX and BCIX - who
are both also running it in production. Through those processes we have
written up some detailed upgrade instructions which can be found at:

http://docs.ixpmanager.org/install/upgrade-v3/

This page covers all the deprecations from IXP Manager v3. It is advised
to read those instructions in detail and set aside the best part of a
day to work through the process.

If you haven't already seen them, IXP Manager has:

- a new website at: https://www.ixpmanager.org/
- new documentation for v4 at: http://docs.ixpmanager.org/

We have made a massive effort on the new documentation and we are adding
to it on a near daily basis.

As well as a new framework, some of the new features in IXP Manager v4
include:

- a brand new framework for router configurations;
- patch panel/cross connect management;
- new API endpoints;
- Grapher - a completely new graphing backend and management system;
- new implementation of the IX-F Member Export;
- layer2 address management;
- new looking glass feature with integration with our own Birdseye;
- a new templating engine meaning updates to skinning;
- new frameworks for DNS ARPA exports and Smokeping.

There's also a myriad of other fixes, enhancements and minor features.

Thanks to our sponsors, we now have a full time developer on board so
stay tuned for lots more!

If you need help, please contact us via the public mailing list
(commercial support is also available). If the upgrade instructions are
insufficient, we would also love pull requests to improve the documentation.

INEX Operations