[ixpmanager] Patch Panels

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Mar 27 15:16:14 IST 2017

Mike Hammett wrote:
> I expanded the help button, which created the confusion as both fields
> have similar descriptions. The documentation page does say that you
> think they should be the same

I've reread the help text and I think it reads okay. But appreciate I'm
too close to it ;-)

I've taken a bit from your wording below and will push in the next commit.

> For example, the reference created for me in 210 N.
> Tucker Blvd., St. Louis, MO, USA, Suite 515 is RR502.08.RU41. If the
> application just uses RR502.08.RU41 throughout, that means nothing to
> me

The patch panel list includes the names you've given to your racks /
cabinets. This /should/ be sufficient along with type (UTP/SMF/etc).

I'm not sure adding internal (IXP) names / references help in the long
term and may lose their meaning when you have 20+ panels.

 - Barry