[ixpmanager] Feature Request: Bird Routeserver AS Prepending

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Aug 12 10:35:10 IST 2015

> although Routeservers should by definition be always transparent while reflecting BGP routes

+1

> Please feel free to get back to me with any questions, ideas or feedback.

I haven't come across such an unusual member / customer request before
and this is really not how route servers are supposed to work.

One of IXP Manager's goals is to implement and enforce best practice at
IXPs so my initial thoughts is that this is really something we don't
want to add.

I would suggest that the customer in question - with their highly
unusual requirement - just prepend the route server ASN on import to
solve /their/ issue.

Thanks and kind regards,