[ixpmanager] route server template/32bit ASNs

Andreas Polyrakis apolyr at noc.grnet.gr
Thu Aug 6 14:41:50 IST 2015

Hello Stefan,

Attached you can find our implementation of route servers, including the
IXPmanager templates.

We follow approach #2, with extended communities.  Although Nick's
concerns are valid, we have not encountered cases with members with
routers not supporting this feature yet.

If you decide to follow our implementation, I can send you an improved
version of the function master_to_as() -- but this one also works fine.

Please keep in mind that the IXPmanager prefix analysis tool is
hardcoded to the IXPmanager's implementation of the route servers -- the
script will break if you change the naming (as we did). We can supply
the modified script if you want it.

Regards,