[ixpmanager] route server template/32bit ASNs

Stefan Kaltenbrunner stefan at kaltenbrunner.cc
Thu Aug 6 18:52:10 IST 2015

On 08/06/2015 03:41 PM, Andreas Polyrakis wrote:
> Hello Stefan,

Hi Andreas!

> Attached you can find our implementation of route servers, including the
> IXPmanager templates.
>
> We follow approach #2, with extended communities.  Although Nick's
> concerns are valid, we have not encountered cases with members with
> routers not supporting this feature yet.
>
> If you decide to follow our implementation, I can send you an improved
> version of the function master_to_as() -- but this one also works fine.

thanks a lot for those examples - would love to see the improved version
of master_to_as() as well as getting those docs in a plain text format
because it kinda looks like the PDF has some lines cut off :/

> Please keep in mind that the IXPmanager prefix analysis tool is
> hardcoded to the IXPmanager's implementation of the route servers -- the
> script will break if you change the naming (as we did). We can supply
> the modified script if you want it.

thanks for the hint - but we have some modifications in ours already as
well so I would have to adapt anyway.

regards

Stefan