[ixpmanager] peering matrix and memcached

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Mon Nov 24 18:07:12 GMT 2014

Brian,

our sflow box runs freebsd, which includes sflowtool in the standard
package repository.  The package includes its own startup script.

All we need to do to get the fanout process started is use the standard
startup mechanism:

> sflow:/home/nick# grep ^sflow /etc/rc.conf
> sflowtool_enable="YES"
> sflowtool_flags="-4 -p 6343 -f 127.0.0.1/5500 -f 127.0.0.1/5501"
> sflow:/home/nick# service sflowtool start
> Starting sflowtool.
> sflow:/home/nick#

Looks like you can add things into /etc/rc.local on ubuntu:

> http://askubuntu.com/questions/9382/how-can-i-configure-a-service-to-run-at-startup

It would be helpful if sflowtool were packagised on ubuntu, but it looks
like Rowan's PR wasn't accepted.

Nick