[ixpmanager] A few issues setting up IXP Manager - SNMP

Barry O'Donovan barry at opensolutions.ie
Sat Mar 29 09:30:25 GMT 2014

Hi Paul,

I'm away this weekend but will reply on Monday.

 - Barry

Sent from my phone, please excuse my brevity.

We are seeing a few issues after running it for a few weeks and I was hoping you could point us in the right direction.

We are running on Ubuntu 13, 64bit mode on a dedicated server.  The IX Fabric is currently one Brocade RX-4 and will be adding a Fast Iron FESX424HF at another location shortly.

The initial web page loading time has slowed way down.  Once you are in, the responsiveness is just fine.  We aren’t seeing any large processor spikes or anything in any of the logs to explain.

We are also having an issue with MRTG.  There are some member graphs that aren’t being created.  However there is a comment line in the MRTG.conf for those users.  There is also no graph being created for the Vlan (infrastructure) nor for the total IXP.

We are also wonder how to go about creating the reverse zone file for dns and quagga route collector.

Thanks for help.

Paul Emmons
Managing Member, Internet Operating Services