[ixpmanager] A few issues setting up IXP Manager - SNMP

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Mar 31 09:29:59 IST 2014

On 28/03/2014 22:52, Paul Emmons wrote:
> Hi guys  Thanks for all of the work on this excellent product!   We have
> been working to get it going for our IXP at phoenix-ix.net

Great to hear!

> The initial web page loading time has slowed way down. Once you are in,
> the responsiveness is just fine.  We aren’t seeing any large processor
> spikes or anything in any of the logs to explain.

I'm assuming you're logging in as an administrator here. One thing it
may be (and it happens from time to time in development when I don't
have remote access to our mrtg server) is that there may be an issue

See this section: http://git.io/Fby9mg and this section:
http://git.io/8m-ofA

Note that in our case we load graphs from a separate dedicated
monitoring / graphing server.

> We are also having an issue with MRTG.  There are some member graphs
> that aren’t being created.  However there is a comment line in the
> MRTG.conf for those users.

Ensure that these members:

  - have a virtual interface (should have already if you're seeing
comments on the mrtg conf file)
  - that the virtual interfaces have a physical interface (or more for LAGs)
  - ensure the physical interfaces are associated with a switchport

>  There is also no graph being created for the
> Vlan (infrastructure) nor for the total IXP.

Will you review this page in detail:
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/MRTG - and particularly the
section on integrating with IXP Manager.

I suspect the answer is in there somewhere.

> We are also wonder how to go about creating the reverse zone file for
> dns

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/ARPA-DNS-Population

That's a first pass - we really need to migrate this from CLI to API so
you can run it from any server.

> and quagga route collector.

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/wiki/Route%20Collector

Let us know how you get on,