[ixpmanager] A few issues setting up IXP Manager - SNMP

Paul Emmons paul at iosaz.net
Fri Mar 28 22:52:22 GMT 2014

Hi guys  Thanks for all of the work on this excellent product!   We have
been working to get it going for our IXP at phoenix-ix.net

We are seeing a few issues after running it for a few weeks and I was hoping
you could point us in the right direction.

We are running on Ubuntu 13, 64bit mode on a dedicated server.  The IX
Fabric is currently one Brocade RX-4 and will be adding a Fast Iron
FESX424HF at another location shortly.

The initial web page loading time has slowed way down.  Once you are in, the
responsiveness is just fine.  We aren't seeing any large processor spikes or
anything in any of the logs to explain.

We are also having an issue with MRTG.  There are some member graphs that
aren't being created.  However there is a comment line in the MRTG.conf for
those users.  There is also no graph being created for the Vlan
(infrastructure) nor for the total IXP.

We are also wonder how to go about creating the reverse zone file for dns
and quagga route collector.

Thanks for help.

Paul Emmons

Managing Member, Internet Operating Services