[ixpmanager] PTR for IPV6

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Apr 23 10:24:05 IST 2014

On 22/04/2014 20:01, Jeremy Lebo wrote:
> Ok, tried making the edit you suggested to the IPv6.php file, and
> after changing line 97 we went from the error message "ERROR: Bad
> IPv6 format" to "ERROR: Bad IPv6 format: 2607:f8b8:fff1:6566::11"

For the life of me I cannot reproduce this error. Can you open a ticket
on Github with specific step by step instructions to reproduce (assume I
know nothing).

> so we looked at the specific customer with that IPv6 address.  While
>  looking at the customer with that IP address I realized that there
> was a trailing space on the end of the IPv6 address entered in their
>  VLAN interface.

Right, I've added trim filters but, with and without a space, I could
still not reproduce.

> I tried to entirely disable IPv6 on their interface by unchecking
> "IPv6 Enabled" and saving the changes but the IPv6 address still
> showed up on their interface and the same error was generated.

Checking this box just sets the database field for ipv6enabled. Hiding
and showing the v6 details is just UI sugar. It's actually useful that
we keep the v6 settings even if v6 is disabled.

> I then deleted their VLAN interface entirely and at that point the
> script ran, but when I tried to re-create their VLAN interface that
> trailing space was again placed on the end of their IPv6 address

Ah yes - this is because this field works in two ways:

1) shows available v6 addresses from the database (i.e I suspect it was
not your browser auto-filling the v6 address but it was already
available in the dropdown). Delete the database entry via the IP
Addressing option in the left hand menu.

2) if you enter an address that is not in the database, the field will
store it in the database for the selected VLAN.