[ixpmanager] PTR for IPV6

Jeremy Lebo jeremy at iosaz.net
Tue Apr 22 20:01:25 IST 2014

Ok, tried making the edit you suggested to the IPv6.php file, and after
changing line 97 we went from the error message "ERROR: Bad IPv6 format"
to "ERROR: Bad IPv6 format: 2607:f8b8:fff1:6566::11", so we looked at
the specific customer with that IPv6 address.  While looking at the
customer with that IP address I realized that there was a trailing space
on the end of the IPv6 address entered in their VLAN interface.
Thinking that may be what was causing the problem, I deleted the
trailing space and clicked "save changes", but the script threw the same
error.  I looked at their VLAN interface again and I still saw the
trailing space after their IPv6 address, which I tried to delete again
unsuccessfully.  I tried to entirely disable IPv6 on their interface by
unchecking "IPv6 Enabled" and saving the changes but the IPv6 address
still showed up on their interface and the same error was generated.  I
then deleted their VLAN interface entirely and at that point the script
ran, but when I tried to re-create their VLAN interface that trailing
space was again placed on the end of their IPv6 address and I can't
delete it.  I have checked on other customers and there is no trailing
space after their addresses so I'm assuming that must have something to
do with it.