[ixpmanager] PTR for IPV6

Jeremy Lebo jeremy at iosaz.net
Wed Apr 23 18:40:14 IST 2014

I was able to resolve the issue, and I can confirm that the problem was
being caused by the trailing space on the IPv6 address.  In order to
actually get rid of the space I ended up editing the IP address in MySQL
rather than going through the IXP UI.  Once I deleted the space from
that field in MySQL I was able to run the command without getting the
error message.  I can tell you when I was deleting and re-entering
information via the web interface I did not use any information in a
drop-down box, I typed in the full address manually and carefully
checked it before I saved the changes.  As an experiment, I created a
new IPv6 address with a trailing space and verified I could not delete
it.  I tried deleting the interface it was assigned to, and also
assigning it to a different customer, each time typing it in without the
trailing space, but no matter what I do, if a customer tries to use that
IP address after it's entered incorrectly, it always defaults back to
the version with the trailing space until you either edit it or delete
it within MySQL.  This appears to only be the case with a trailing space
- other changes I made to intentionally screw up an address can be
changed back within the UI.  I can place a space in the middle of an
address and it will generate the Bad Format error, but I am able to
remove that space successfully without having to go into MySQL.  I can
also type garbage characters in the middle of an address and remove them.

-Jeremy