[ixpmanager] PTR for IPV6

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Apr 22 08:02:28 IST 2014

> I am getting an error when I run the script for the IPV6 PTRs
>
> /usr/local/ixp/bin/ixptool.php -a vlan-cli.gen-arpa-entries -p
> vlanid=1,proto=6,target=bind
>
> ERROR: Bad IPv6 format
>
> Is the address format with :: supported or do I need to expand that out?

Yes, short form is support.

All this code comes from:

https://github.com/opensolutions/OSS-Framework/blob/master/src/OSS/Net/IPv6.php

While this particular code is not in production at INEX (we're on an
older Perl script), it is used successfully in other IXPs.

It's still possible there is a bug here.

Do you know what IPv6 address it is failing on? If not, hack line 97 is
that file from:

throw new OSS_Net_Exception( "Bad IPv6 format" );

throw new OSS_Net_Exception( "Bad IPv6 format: {$address}" );

and then let us know.