[ixpmanager] update-l2database.pl not updating database

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Sun Dec 15 23:33:43 GMT 2013

On 15/12/2013 22:41, Brian Thompson wrote:
> Could we have a new switch port type e.g. "core-other" that could define
> the edge of sflow data, so the data is collected and counted from all
> non-sflow peers as an aggregate.   We very much would like to have the
> sflow data for the other members of the exchange.

Hi Brian,

If you do this, your accounting perimeter will be wrong.  You'll get zero
figures in your p2p graphs for members on that switch and completely wrong
information in the aggregates.  The code isn't doing a whole lot with the
aggregates at the moment, but we plan to make them visible in the UI at
some stage and may at some stage use them in preference to the mrtg code. I
don't want to sound unhelpful here, but using intermediate accounting
points for sflow data collection gives wrong data in all cases so we're not
going to write code to support this.