[ixpmanager] update-l2database.pl not updating database

Brian Thompson brian.thompson at iovation.com
Mon Dec 16 00:14:07 GMT 2013

Thanks Nick,

If I understand you correctly, I would disagree that the data would be
"wrong", I would say the data is "incomplete".  Yes what I am asking is to
define the accounting perimeter to the Juniper switch only.  Accounting is
not used for any billing purposes.

If members 1,2,3,4,5,6 were on Juniper, and 7,8,9 were on Cisco, and the
port on the Juniper trunked to the Cisco was set to new Port Type
"Core-Other".  There could be p2p graphs between any juniper member to any
juniper member.  Any graph from a Juniper member to Cisco member would only
show ingress traffic.  Although we could have a graph from a Juniper member
to "Other" that would show both egress and ingress, through the egress
would be from members [7,8,9].

We really are a small IXP 40+ members but we have changed our pricing to
free 1G ports to promote growth.  We have already tripled our traffic in
the last three months.

Getting IXP-M running with a route server would allow us to grow leaps and
bounds as we have large provider networks that will peer with a route
server but not each little member.

*Brian Thompson*
Senior Infrastructure Engineer // Senior Second Guesser

Direct: 503.943.6779
Mobile: 503.707.9018 // Twitter: iovation
*www.iovation.com <http://www.iovation.com/>*