[ixpmanager] IPv6 - Peer to Peer Graph

Kimmie Bokie ozikat12 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 11:56:28 GMT 2024

Hey Nick,

We have similar issue, but it's related to sflowtool

If we run the command

sflowtool -4 -l -p 6343, we noticed there weren't much flow dump by
sflowtool.

If we run with custom params.

sflowtool -L
sampleType,agent,inputPort,outputPort,srcMAC,dstMAC,ethernet_type,in_vlan,out_vlan,srcIP,dstIP,IPProtocol,IPTOS,IPTTL,TCPSrcPort,TCPDstPort,TCPFlags,sampledPacketSize,IPSize,meanSkipCount
-4 -p 6343

There are more flow being dump by sflowtool, and with small code changes,
we are able to see p2p graph in ipv4.

We made some amendment on the file sflow-to-rrd-handler to cater with the
params above, however on the params parse in, it doesn't have option to
display 0x86dd or 0x0800 on column no. 7, that caused sflow-to-rrd-handler
were not able to capture the v6 traffic and plot into RRD.

Anyone has similar experience on sflowtool issue?

It's on Junos 18.4R2-S2.3 as well.

Thanks.

--
ozikat