[ixpmanager] IX-F excludes

André Grüneberg andre.grueneberg at bcix.de
Fri Mar 1 23:00:51 GMT 2024

Hi Michel,

While I cannot tell for sure why it's not working (we're not using ASN or
tag based filters), I might have some pointers:
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/config/ixp_api.php
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/app/Utils/Export/JsonSchema.php

It looks like filtering of RFC5398 and RFC6996 ASNs is on by default, so
you shouldn't see much difference when enabling it.

HTH & Best wishes,
André

On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 at 18:49, Michel Lanners via ixpmanager <
ixpmanager at inex.ie> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I’m trying out the IX-F export facility in IXP Manager. Since (of course)
> we document every single bit of gear connected to the peering VLAN, there
> are inevitably some things we do not want to publish in the IX-F.
>
> So I’m trying the documented exclude directives, but I find that some are
> working, but others are not working:
>
> *Working:*
>

> IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_IXP="billing_contact_hours|billing_email|billing_phone”
> IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_SWITCH="model|software”
> IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_MEMBER="member_since"
>

> *Not working:*
>
> IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_ASNUM="65533|65534|65536”
> IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_RFC5398=true
> IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_INTINFO="mac_addresses”
> IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_TAGS="no-ixf-export” # of course the tag
> is defined
>

> I’ve looked around for debugging to find logs (none found), source code
> files containing the exclude keywords (none found), so I’m kind of banging
> my head against this.
>
> Does anyone have pointers where to look? Obvious things I should check?
>
> Thanks and have a nice weekend!
>

> Michel
>
> *Michel LANNERS*
> CIO at LU-CIX Management G.I.E.
> --
> <https://www.luxchat.lu/>
> Mail: michel.lanners at lu-cix.lu
> Phone: (+352) 28 99 29 92-81
>
> *LU-CIX Management G.I.E.*
> 202, Z.A.E. Wolser F
> L-3290 Bettembourg
> lu-cix.lu <https://www.lu-cix.lu>
> luxchat.lu <https://www.luxchat.lu>
> luxembourg-internet-days.com
> lunog.lu <https://www.lunog.lu>

André Grüneberg, Managing Director
andre.grueneberg at bcix.de
+49 30 2332195 42

BCIX Management GmbH
Albrechtstr. 110
12103 Berlin
Germany

Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Jens Lietzmann, André Grüneberg
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 143581 B