[ixpmanager] IX-F excludes

Michel Lanners michel.lanners at lu-cix.lu
Fri Mar 1 17:40:34 GMT 2024

Hello all,

I’m trying out the IX-F export facility in IXP Manager. Since (of course) we document every single bit of gear connected to the peering VLAN, there are inevitably some things we do not want to publish in the IX-F.

So I’m trying the documented exclude directives, but I find that some are working, but others are not working:

Working:
IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_IXP="billing_contact_hours|billing_email|billing_phone”
IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_SWITCH="model|software”
IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_MEMBER="member_since"

Not working:
IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_ASNUM="65533|65534|65536”
IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_RFC5398=true
IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_INTINFO="mac_addresses”
IXP_API_JSONEXPORTSCHEMA_EXCLUDE_TAGS="no-ixf-export”		# of course the tag is defined

I’ve looked around for debugging to find logs (none found), source code files containing the exclude keywords (none found), so I’m kind of banging my head against this.

Does anyone have pointers where to look? Obvious things I should check?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Michel

Michel LANNERS
CIO at LU-CIX Management G.I.E.