[ixpmanager] Duplicate ports after drop-in replacement of a switch

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Oct 27 11:38:59 IST 2023

Hi Marinos,

this can happen if the snmp ifindex changes between one switch and
another.  Ifindex is required to be persistent between reboots, but this
is not necessarily the case if there's a chassis swapout.

There are several approaches but probably the easiest would be to move
the active ports over to the live SNMP ports and then delete the DB-only
ports.

Nick