[ixpmanager] Question

Barry O'Donovan (INEX) barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu Oct 19 08:18:58 IST 2023

Hi,

there's no issue setting up in a lab environment without registering in
PeeringDB and/or IX-F. In fact neither would accept a lab environment.

You'll want to use private ASNs (e.g. 64512 - 65534 - see rfc6996) for
route servers and any virtual members you create and private IP space
(e.g. rfc1918) for the peering lan and members.

A good while back I used a Docker environment for testing stuff - see:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/dev/docker/

But I haven't used this in a number of years so it won't work out of the
box. The configs may be useful though:

https://github.com/inex/ixp-manager-docker

  - Barry