[ixpmanager] Update from PeeringDB

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Fri May 5 20:26:45 IST 2023

On 05.05.2023 16:36, Leo Vegoda via ixpmanager wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 4:31 PM Richard Laager via ixpmanager
> <ixpmanager at inex.ie <mailto:ixpmanager at inex.ie>> wrote:
>
>     Anyone have a script for updating the max-prefixes and AS-SET values
>     from PeeringDB?
>
>     IXP Manager lets me do this manually in the web interface by typing the
>     ASN and clicking Populate while on the customer edit page. But that
>     overwrites other values (which I might not want), and is still manual.
>

> PeeringDB is planning to introduce a mechanism allowing PeeringDB users
> to push updates from a configuration management system without giving it
> their PeeringDB credentials. It would take the form of proposals to an
> endpoint and redirect the user to it.
>
> This is not the right place to discuss it in detail but I'd be
> interested in speaking with anyone who'd be interested in this feature.

Isn't the original request the other way round? I.e. importing
information from PeeringDB into IXP Manager.

FOr exporting information from the IXP Manager to PeeringDB we already
have the IX-F JSON. This updates the so-called netixlan entries. This
could be extended to update also the ix object itself.

Arnold
--
Keep calm, keep distance, keep connected!

Arnold Nipper
email: arnold at nipper.de
mobile: +49 172 2650958