[ixpmanager] SFLOW Under Reporting?

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Sun Jun 25 20:50:23 IST 2023

Ian Chilton wrote on 24/06/2023 16:27:
> vdb               5866        14013        16371 0 1654383830
> 1932780751          0

5866 looks fairly high for the average tps since boot, but you need more
granular output than this.  You can get a time series sample of the 1s
tps using e.g.

# iostat --dec=0 -y vdb 1 | grep --line-buffered vdb

I'd check out several hours of this - maybe throw it into a graph and
see what's going on.

Presumably the partition is mounted with performance tuning options,
e.g. "noatime,delalloc"?

We use freebsd for our sflow collector - the i/o performance was
significantly better when we benchmarked it several years ago.