[ixpmanager] SFLOW Under Reporting?

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Thu Jun 22 16:37:36 IST 2023

Ian Chilton via ixpmanager wrote on 22/06/2023 16:26:
> I have just found another smoking gun - when running
> sflow-to-rrd-handler with debug mode, I see a lot of dropped/rejected
> flows. Some (most?) of these seem to be sub-interfaces, but it turns out
> that some MACs are not in the discovered macs table, so I need to
> investigate that further, but now we are using MAC ACLs, we'd probably
> be better switching to configured macs.

yes, this would make a difference. For reference, if your switch config
is automated with L2 ACLs, then we recommend using configured macs for
sflow collection.  If you have any rejected flows then, that means
there's a straightforward misconfig, either in IXP Manager or else on
the participant port.