[ixpmanager] Migration to another IPv4 range

aleksandr at speed-ix.net aleksandr at speed-ix.net
Thu Oct 28 14:58:39 IST 2021

Hi all,

First of all, thanks to the IXP-Manager team for such a great product.

SpeedIX is just 3 years old but we are a fast-growing IXP in the Netherlands. Recently we faced the problem that /24 IPv4 range is not enough for us. And yesterday we received a new /23 from the RIPE ;)  But the old range we must return back to RIPE within next 6x months. So my question is: do you guys have some plan for how to migrate from one IP range to another with minimal problems for IXP?

We have only one VLAN and we would like to keep it like it is.
I will be glad to hear any proposal, if not then we will try to find out such a migration plan ourselves.

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards, Aleksandr Belytskyi

NOC engineer
Speed Internet Exchange