[ixpmanager] sflow not visible with Arista Reseller Ports

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Oct 11 17:15:41 IST 2021

Dominik Bay wrote on 11/10/2021 10:45:
> When I check the sflow pcap, I only see sflow.flow_sample.index ==
> ifIndex of the parent interface. Only in sflow_245.vlan.in /
> sflow_245.vlan.out I see the VLAN of the reseller port.
>
> So I guess there's some matching going wrong in the IXPM sflow
> collector? Or did I miss an Arista setting?

Arista is basically doing the right thing.  But at the moment, IXP-M
doesn't properly support resellers via breakout trunk ports.  Apart from
some UI stuff, there are a couple of DB schema enhancements that it
needs, which we didn't want to go near until the Doctrine->Eloquent
migration was complete.  When this code is written, we'll have the
capability to specify per customer vlans, which will allow the sflow
collection tool to map these flows properly.