[ixpmanager] sflow not visible with Arista Reseller Ports

Dominik Bay db at rrbone.net
Mon Oct 11 10:45:48 IST 2021

Hi,

we are running 4.25.2F on DCS-7280R-48C6-F and IXPM with the following
config:

interface Ethernet50/1
   description foobar Reseller
   switchport access vlan 100
   no switchport
   mac access-group DENY-ALL in
   no lldp transmit
   no lldp receive
   sflow enable
   storm-control broadcast level 0.01
   storm-control multicast level 0.01
   storm-control unknown-unicast level 0.01
!
interface Ethernet50/1.3401
   description Peer: xyz
   encapsulation dot1q vlan 3401
   vlan id 100
   mac access-group Ethernet50:3401 in
   service-policy type qos input Ethernet50
   shape rate 20000000
!
interface Ethernet50/1.3402
   description Peer: abc
   encapsulation dot1q vlan 3402
   vlan id 100
   mac access-group Ethernet50:3402 in
   service-policy type qos input Ethernet50
   shape rate 20000000

There's no sflow enable on sub-interfaces on EOS.
Interfaces are discovered and assigned correctly by IXPM, MACs are also
added to the peers.

When I check the sflow pcap, I only see sflow.flow_sample.index ==
ifIndex of the parent interface. Only in sflow_245.vlan.in /
sflow_245.vlan.out I see the VLAN of the reseller port.

So I guess there's some matching going wrong in the IXPM sflow
collector? Or did I miss an Arista setting?

Cheers,
Dominik

--
rrbone GmbH - Ruhrallee 9 - 44139 Dortmund
HR B 23168 Amtsgericht Dortmund - Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dominik Bay