[ixpmanager] Composer / PHP Woes during IXP Manager Update

Barry O'Donovan (INEX) barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Nov 15 11:04:50 GMT 2021

Skipping to the end:

Ian Chilton wrote on 15/11/2021 10:55> So going forward - do people tend
to use the distro supplied composer
> (and have you had the same problem?) or pull an up-to-date one?

I recommend pulling an up-to-date one. Also IXP Manager v6 requires v2
as part of the installation instructions:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/install/manually/#dependencies

> Any ideas what’s going on with the PHP PPA and why it appears to have
> half transitioned to PHP 8.1?

This is a bit of a headache actually.

Many people have php-xxx packages installed and these will end up
installing the latest version of them, e.g. php8.1-xxx.

If you do a 'dpkg -l | grep php-', identify them, remove them and their
8.1 counterpart and then specifically install the php8.0 version you
should be fine.