[ixpmanager] Confused on Reseller Configuration

Paul Emmons paul at ninja-ix.net
Mon Mar 1 20:44:07 GMT 2021

Not sure why they can't see the route server unless you are enforcing
one mac per port on the reseller port.  Even if that works sflow won't
work .

Depending on the number of "resold" customers I will either:

1) take a port form the IXP switch and aggregate them on to other vlans
via another switch and plug the reseller port in to that switch (2
switch solution)

or 2) just do in on the IXP switch using 2 ports on the switch. One
mapped to the peering vlan and one to the resellers vlan.

There has never been an "elegant way" to do this

On 3/1/2021 10:55 AM, Pete Ashdown wrote:
> I'm still lost on this problem. Configuring the customers with no
> physical ports, but vlan interfaces, does not allow me to connect them
> to the route servers.  Right now the only solution I can figure is to
> make a set of dummy interfaces on one of the bird routers to assign to
> these resold customers.  "Fanout" and "Reseller" ports seem to have no
> provision for multiple mac-addresses/customers on a single uplink
> port.  Am I missing something?
>
> On 2/26/21 9:14 AM, Pete Ashdown wrote:
>> I have one port set as "Reseller" and the reseller on that port is
>> configured.  They bring in eight peers who each have their own IP
>> addresses and mac addresses all on an L2 network.  When I go to
>> configure these resold customers' IP addresses, I am required to
>> define a port for them, but I am not allowed to use the reseller's
>> port, because it is taken.  The documentation states "one port - one
>> mac - one address", which is contradicting with how the reseller is
>> bringing me these peers.  How do I properly define the customers of
>> the reseller?

~ Paul Emmons
Executive Director
+1 480 265-2525 cell