[ixpmanager] IRRDB filtering problems - maximum number of supported recursions

Barry O'Donovan (INEX) barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat Jul 3 09:53:05 IST 2021

Hi Salvador,

I'm. not aware of any recursion issues and have never ran into them
before via INEX or IXP Manager so I don't see this as the issue.

IXP Manager passes the lookup off to bgpq3 so it's there we need to look:

I.e.

❯ /usr/bin/whois -h whois.ripe.net AS-EDGEUNO

[no result]

❯ /usr/bin/whois -h whois.arin.net AS-EDGEUNO
No match found for + AS-EDGEUNO.

For me, I get the result you're looking for by querying:

bgpq3 -S RADB,RIPE,ARIN -f 999 -3 -j AS-EDGEUNO | grep 213035
   213035,213042,213045,213052,213058,213064,213069,213081,

So you need an IRRDB source for RADB+RIPE+ARIN. You can add this in the
UI as follows:

(under IRRDB Configuration in the left hand menu).

  - Barry