[ixpmanager] IRRDB filtering problems - maximum number of supported recursions

Salvador Bertenbreiter salvador at pitperu.net
Sat Jul 3 00:44:17 IST 2021

Hi guys,
I hope you're doing well. I'm checking the filtered prefixes for a peer
(as-set: AS-EDGEUNO), I noticed that one prefix is being filtered even
though it has a valid IRRDB record. While doing troubleshooting with the
peer's NOC, the issue of the maximum number of supported recursions
appeared, because we suspect that could be causing the issue. Do you know
if there's a maximum number in the default configuration?

The prefix with issues is 194.99.44.0/24, when I whois it in RADB it's
under AS213035 (source in RDB: RIPE), which is contained as a member of
AS-SERVERION (sources in RADB: RIPE and ARIN), and finally, that as-set is
part of AS-EDGEUNO (our peer).

So the chain is:
AS-EDGEUNO > AS-SERVERION > AS213035

However it still appears as IRRDB ORIGIN AS FILTERED.
[image: image.png]

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Salvador