[ixpmanager] Problem with p2p graphs

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Mar 31 20:32:03 IST 2020

Hi Teodor, all,

this isn't the easiest issue to diagnose over mailing list - I'll need
you to do the investigation for the most part.

This error is generated here in the code:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/app/Http/Controllers/StatisticsController.php#L594

I.e. no other VLAN interfaces can be found that could exchange traffic
with the requested VLAN interface.

The function that does the searching is:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/database/Repositories/VlanInterface.php#L404

A couple quick checks:

1. is the VLAN correct? Ensure this VLAN interface is in a VLAN with
other member interfaces and not an isolated / quarantine / private VLAN.

2. ensure there are other interfaces in the VLAN enabled for the same IP
protocol (v4/v6).

3. caching is enabled for this function by default - restart memcached
if you're using it.

The resultant MySQL query can be seen here:

https://pastebin.ibn.ie/?0308289455110c7b#9Zor7PRDywurE3Fbo1tD3z5VTrWBiHvDYbwzrJwh4xMy

Change the VLAN ID in the query (first part of WHERE clause) and examine
your results.

  - Barry