[ixpmanager] [RELEASE] V5.5.0 - Member Port Utilisation Reporting

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat Mar 21 09:54:11 GMT 2020

Hi everyone,

before the usual release announcement, we would like to acknowledge that
these are truly unprecedented times for all of us. Everyone at INEX and
on the IXP Manager team sends all of our colleagues around the world our
best wishes in your endeavors in the coming weeks and months. If there
are any new features that could be developed in IXP Manager to help in
anyway, then please get in touch and we will give immediate
consideration and fast track any ideas that would make a difference.

In that context, we are pleased to announce the immediate release of IXP
Manager v5.5.0.

This release introduces a port utilisation reporting function into IXP
Manager's frontend UI. You will find it in the IXP STATISTICS section of
the left hand side menu.

The purpose of this tool is to easily identify ports that are nearing or
exceeding 80% utilisation.

Our analysis at INEX has shown as much as 50% routine traffic increases
across IXPs in areas under lock down due to the Coronavirus outbreak. To
help us identify and engage with members for capacity upgrades, we
needed a tool that would allow us to rapidly and easily view port
utilisation across all members rather than looking at member graphs
individually.

This feature was rapidly developed at INEX this week and we are
releasing it immediately in the hope it may help other IXPs plan for
increased traffic during the Coronavirus outbreak.

Please see the official release notes and upgrade instructions at:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v5.5.0

And documentation at:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/grapher/mrtg/#port-utilisation

Thanks and, again, our best wishes to all of you,

INEX